SABO is established to achieve the following main objectives
- To promote the Industry in South Africa in accordance with international best practice and relevant legislation.
- To promote high levels of professionalism and competence;
- To self-regulate the proper conduct and practice of members in accordance with the SABO Code of Ethics and Constitution;
- To represent the Industry in its dealings with local and international role-players in the Industry in both the public and private sectors;
- To promote general public knowledge of the benefits of the products and services available in the Industry;
- To promote research, development and training in the Industry.
- To cooperate and liaise with the Registrar: Act No. 36 of 1947 to expedite product registrations for the benefit of the agricultural industry, including manufacturers, growers and consumer.